This Unbridled Pinot Noir is spicy and sexy with notes of white pepper, tobacco, and strawberry overtones. It is extremely balanced with a tremendous entry, yummy mid-pallet and luxurious finish.
The fruit for our Unbridled Pinot Noir comes from two vineyards in the Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County. Garey Vineyard, located on the western end of the Santa Maria Valley, makes up 85% of the blend. The remaining 15% of the fruit is comes to us from a newly discovered gem in the furthest corner of the Santa Maria Valley named Rancho Sisquoc Vineyard. Both of these vineyards together make up the depth, richness, and elegance we look for in this Unbridled reserve wine.
The grapes were received at the winery where they were de-stemmed and fermented in small, open-topped tanks with the must punched down or pumped over two times per day. Each lot spent at least 10 days on the skins before the wine was pressed, then racked into barrels for its secondary malolactic fermentation and 14 months of maturation. Comprised of 35% new oak, we select only the finest French oak barrels to season this delicious wine.
Food Pairing Notes
Excellent pairing for this wine includes seared duck breast, smoked salmon, and a beet and hazelnut salad with grilled ricotta. It is delicious now and will mature nicely over the next five years.
Matt Wider CSW
(Oct 12, 2013 at 5:25 AM)
Fantastic at release. Tannins are full and soft. This is very silky smooth on the pallet. Will age well also. Score 94