2012 Wild Horse Unbridled Pinot Noir Santa Barbara
100% Pinot Noir
This Unbridled Pinot Noir is fruit driven with plum and cherry followed by underlying aromas of lavender and white pepper. The mouth feel is full of spice and everything nice. Tasting extremely nice now, this wine will cellar well until 2020.
Rated 91 Points & Silver Medal - 2014 California State Fair Wine Compeition
Silver Medal - Sunset Magazine's International Wine Competition, June 2014
The fruit for our Unbridled Pinot Noir comes from the same two vineyards in Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County as our 2011 blend: Garey Vineyard, located on the western end of the Santa Maria Valley, makes up 45% of the blend. The remaining 55% of the fruit is comes to us from a newly discovered gem in the furthest corner of the Santa Maria Valley named Rancho Sisquoc Vineyard. These vineyards consistently produce reserve wine lots from year to year.
The grapes were received at the winery where they were de-stemmed and fermented in small, open-topped tanks with the must punched down or pumped over two times per day. Each lot spent at least 10 days on the skins before the wine was pressed at dryness. Then, the wine was racked off of lees into barrels for its secondary malolactic fermentation and 14 months of aging. Comprised of 35% new oak, we select only the finest French oak barrels to season this delicious wine.
Pair this seriously delicious wine with wild mushroom burrata bruschetta or duck confit.