2011 Wild Horse Cheval Sauvage Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley
Wine Specs
Vintage
2011
Varietal
Pinot Noir
Appellation
Santa Maria Valley
Acid
5.96 g/L
pH
3.53
Alcohol %
14.5

2011 Wild Horse Cheval Sauvage Pinot Noir Santa Maria Valley

In classic Cheval style, this wine is terroir driven with earthy and herbal aromas with notes of brown sugar, strawberry, and cranberry that are pleasing to the senses. 

In Stock
Add To Cart
$65.00
 
SKU: 80002811-11
Add To Cart
$780.00
/ Case of 12
 
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
100% Pinot Noir

In classic Cheval style, this wine is terroir driven with earthy and herbal aromas with notes of brown sugar, strawberry, and cranberry that are pleasing to the senses. Flavors of raspberry, strawberry, and vanilla followed by a full, lengthy finish make this a perfect pairing with a fennel and garlic roasted pork loin, grilled salmon, or tea smoked duck.

Awards
Silver Medal - Sunset Magazine's International Wine Competition, June 2014
Vineyard Notes
The 2011 Cheval Sauvage is from two vineyards that are practically next door to each other: Garey and Cottonwood Canyon. Garey makes up 90% of this delicious blend and is comprised of Dijon clones 667 and 777. Cottonwood Canyon holds up the other 10%. Each vineyard is found in the cool climate Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara County, which is home to some of the best Pinot Noir growing areas in the world.
Winemaker Notes
The Pinot Noir grapes were handpicked and delivered to the winery. Upon arrival, the grapes were gently destemmed and placed into small open-top fermentors where the must was punched down two times per day during primary fermentation. Each lot spent at least 10 to 14 days on skins to maximize extraction, achieve softer tannins, and stabilize color. After pressing, each lot was then racked once from tank into 100% French oak barrels, 50% new, consisting of coopers Dargaud et Jaegle, Sirugue, Cadus, and François Frères. The wine was barrel aged 14 months before preparation for bottling.
Food Pairing Notes
A perfect pairing with a fennel and garlic roasted pork loin, grilled salmon, or tea smoked duck.
Product Reviews
Thomas Daughters's Gravatar
Thomas Daughters
1 1 1 1 1
(Dec 14, 2014 at 1:51 PM)
I totally understand why the Cheval Sauvage is considered the best of the best that Wild Horse has to offer. I think I am developing a nose for the Pinot and the Cheval Sauvage Pinot Noir rates very high on my list.

Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank:
 
You must be 21 years of age or
older to enter this site. Please
select your date of birth below.

Please enjoy our wines responsibly.
Wild Horse Winery , Templeton, CA
1437 Wild Horse Winery Ct. Templeton, CA 93465 | 805.788.6300

Winery Ecommerce By Vin65